- Ingoing Condition report now includes additional questions regarding Smoke Alarms
- Alarms with removable batteries, the batteries must be replaced within 12 months of the previous replacement
- Repair or replace a smoke alarm within 2 business days of becoming aware that the smoke alarm is not working or (b) cause the smoke alarm to be repaired or replaced
The tenancy reforms have turned up heat for landlords and tenants and will certainly see a Property Manager’s workload increase.
To ease the strain, why not let SATS take care of all your Smoke Alarm Compliance needs!
Already partnered with SATS? Make SURE you include SATS as part of your outgoing/ingoing checklist
NB: Landlords who do not comply with the new Legislation could face serious consequences.
- Statement of Compliance displays a confirmation and date of battery change
- Dedicated hotline* for Tenants to enable efficient communication regarding repairs
- Electronically deliver Entry Notice to tenants on behalf of your agency if required
- Measures in place to ensure battery changes do not exceed 12 months
- New Landlord Letters confirm that an annual inspection is now mandatory.
- New compliance report for fast information retrieval
*Refers to arranging for SATS to attend within SATS standard trading hours (Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm.) SATS is NOT an emergency call out service.